COORDINATOR Oregon Health and Science Univerisity (EUA)
Universidade do Algarve
RealQual aimed at developing the foundations of a quality-controlled network for real-time high-resolution monitoring and prediction of the water quality in estuaries and coastal areas, in particular to anticipate potential eutrophication events.
- To develop a pilot demonstration of the real-time water quality network in the Tagus estuary (Portugal)
- To improve an operational platform for automated management of the monitoring and predicting water quality network
- To develop an effective predictive system for water quality, exploring strategies that use of models of different complexity and computational cost
- To transfer OHSU's knowledge on sophisticated observation networks for water quality and to integrate it with LNEC’s strategies for data quality
- For more information: http://ariel.lnec.pt/realqual/node
Rodrigues M., Costa J., Jesus G., Fortunato A.B., Rogeiro J., Gomes J., Oliveira A., David L.M. 2013. Application of an estuarine and coastal nowcast-forecast information system to the Tagus estuary. Proc. of the 6th SCACR, 10 pp.
Rodrigues M., Oliveira A., David L.M., Fortunato A.B., Costa J., Rogeiro J., Gomes J.L., Jesus G., Mota T., Póvoa P., David C., et al. 2015. Real-time observatory of the water quality in the Tagus estuary. Proc. of the 7th EuroGOOS Conference, 5 pp
- Integrate the water quality monitoring and forecast platform in the INCD
- Apply the system to other estuaries